13 April, 2008

A Data Processor, Yesterday.


Just to remind you that I have a job. That I go to most days. Except for this week, where I pulled a sickie. I woke up on Thursday morning and thought, shag it, I'm not going in. "What's wrong with you?" asks my boss when I ring in (at around half ten, after I've woken up). 
"Uh, migraine," I say. 
"You can't work with a migraine then, no?" he says.
"Well, no," I say. I've never actually had a migraine, but I gather they're pretty brutal.
"Are you sure now?" He's not giving up. "Isn't that just a bit like a headache or something?"
"Yes, I'm sure," I say. "I'm in a lot of pain here!" Ignorant prick; it's probably the long hours he's been making me work that's given me this non-existent migraine in the first place. 
"Okay," he says, "but remember you have that presentation on Monday that you have to prepare for..." 
What an asshole! My skull's about to split open and spew out its contents onto the phone table and he's talking about a fucking presentation? So I didn't go in on Friday either. That'll show 'em.

No comments: