03 May, 2008

Scepta-palooza - Dublin!


I know how the kids on the street dig the big stars of scepticism, like Montaigne, Voltaire (pictured) and Ignaci Krasicki (yeah, I don't have a breeze either). So I sat up and took note when I learned of the Irish Skeptics' Society's next public meeting in the Davenport Hotel, Dublin on Wednesday, 7th of May.

They will be discussing the topic of "Addressing the god question; are religion and scepticism mutually incompatible?" (Short answer yes with a but, long answer no with an if.) If you're around and appreciate a bit of intelligent debate, why not drop in? Admission is only EUR6.00, and sure it's only money! Support scepticism in Ireland, it may save all our lives one day! 

Unfortunately, I am already engaged to go to some comedy club in Bray that particular night... Damn, I'd anticipated a night of intellectual stimulation and a bevy of attractive, intelligent, sceptical/skeptical (how do you spell it?) females. Oh well, maybe next time...

No comments: